Friday, August 8, 2008

Blood Work

August 8 - I went into see the doctor at 11:30am. I was excited to find out but also nerves to hear "your blood work is normal." Because I know that what I'm feeling is not normal.
Well, I was right. All my blood work came back normal as did my Lyme test. "Okay," the doctor said, "lets go through all your symptoms again." So I started listing them, they have grown a bit since Monday. Knee pain, abdominal cramps, pain in my elbow and shortness of breath when I work out or take the stairs and a few others you don't want to hear about. I am sore after I work out which just never happened to me.
So after listing all the symptoms I start to feel like I'm crazy or he is going think I'm crazy. I can tell he has lost interest and is trying to come up with something to tell me to ease my mind. So he pulls out a breathing machine and wants me to blow into it to see if I have Asthma. WTF! Seriously!
So I pass that test and am told everything is "normal" but that maybe I'm developing Asthma. So how do you explain the other symptoms? Well depression of course. And the being tired all the time? Chronic fatigue syndrome. So I went in to find out the results of my blood work and hopefully be forwarded to a specialist and I came out being a depressed, chronic fatigued, Asthma crazy person. Wow, nice job. I think you diagnosed me to a tee. Then he said he would write me a prescription for an inhaler and depression meds. Yes, I think that will help. Thank you so much dear doctor.
So what did I do. Walked out with a copy of my blood work. I needed some time to cool off, I didn't want him to think I was to crazy.
So I made the call, it was hard for me but I asked for a second opinion and a referral to see an infectious disease specialist. So Tuesday is the day I see a specialist. I'll try to not to pass out hiking this weekend since I don't have my inhaler.

No comments: